Tuesday 26 June 2007

Subject: An Italian Boy's Confession
* "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose woman."
**The priest asks, "Is that you, little Johnny Parisi?"
**"Yes, Father, it is."
**"And who was the woman you were with?"
**"I can't tell you, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation."
**"Well, Johnny, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now.
**Was it Tina Minetti?" "I cannot say.
**"Was it Teresa Volpe?" "I'll never tell.
"**"Was it Nina Capelli?" "I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
**"Was it Cathy Piriano?" "My lips are sealed."
**"Was it Rosa Di Angelo, then?"
**"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."
**The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, Johnny Parisi, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
**Johnny walks back to his pew, and his friend Nino slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"Four months vacation and five good leads!"

No comments: